Vice President and General Manager Thatcher Transportation
|Location:||Salt Lake City|
Vice President and General Manager Thatcher Transportation (Salt Lake City, UT)
Responsible for supervision of all movement of products by Thatcher Company and Thatcher Transportation to ensure transportation is done safely and without incident including meeting all federal, state and local regulations and to deliver the right product to the right destination at the right time in the most cost efficient manner. A major goal is to exceed customer expectations with excellent, safe, seamless, and efficient transportation service.
Manage the wholly owned contract carrier and private fleet consisting of 60 tractors and 200 trailers (including tankers, vans, and flatbed units) that operate in the United States and Canada to transport hazardous and nonhazardous chemicals into and out of 9 Thatcher manufacturing plants and 3 distribution centers. This includes direct supervision of 24-hour dispatch and Dispatchers, 2 Transportation Managers, Safety and Training Director, Maintenance Supervisor, and Drivers. Indirectly manage private fleet service vehicles in maintenance and supervision of transportation service.
- Review replacement schedule and vehicle specifications and purchase transportation equipment.
- Supervise Manager in charge of rail movements and contracts and rail fleet of 40 leased rail cars including selecting proper rail car linings for the products transported.
- Manage Transportation Managers who select Common and Contract movement by carriers of products not moved under private fleet to ensure proper carrier selection for the safe and efficient movement of Thatcher goods.
- Work with Administration to assist with payroll of transportation employees and billing information to ensure timely and efficient documentation and error-free transactions.
- Supervise the interfacing of the Transportation Department with Purchasing, Production Scheduling, Warehousing, Quality Control, and Sales and Marketing to create seamless, safe transportation movement in the most efficient way possible.
- Responsible for hiring Transportation personnel, working with Safety and Training Director in training personnel, holding employees accountable for actions, and rewarding and motivating employees for excellent work performance.
- Ability to build and manage a team of employees.
- At least 10 years of experience in transportation and supply chain.
- Minimum college Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to communicate with superiors, contemporaries, subordinates, customers and vendors effectively.
- Reports to Chief Executive and President of Thatcher Group.
- Works with VPs of Finance, Quality, Safety and Environment, Sales, Production, and Purchasing.
- Base Salary range $125,000 to $160,000 plus annual bonus.
- Life insurance of $10,000.
- Health insurance including Dental and Health Savings Account options.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Highly compensated pension plan which in history, has been 25% of employee’s annual gross earnings.
- If necessary, assistance with moving expenses.
- Profit sharing/retirement plan which is 100% employer paid. It is second to none!
THATCHER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)