Technical Service Chemist – Day Shift
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Job Hours:||Day Time (8am-5pm, Somewhat Flexible) Monday - Friday|
This position reports to the Technical Services Laboratory Manager. Responsible for performing routine analytical chemistry testing of raw materials and products in the Thatcher Company Technical Services Laboratory to support the Industrial and Pharmaceutical Divisions of Thatcher Company. Additional responsibilities will include method development (GC, GC-HS, HPLC, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, IC) and authoring of associated method validations and new SOPs.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- BS or MS in Chemistry (analytical chemistry emphasis with instrumentation experience).
- Must be proficient with multiple techniques (i.e. HPLC, GC, GC-HS, ICP-OES, ICP-MS, IC, FTIR, potentiometric and complexiometric titrations) as well as classical wet chemistry.
- Must be proficient with Windows 7 and have programming/method development experience using Waters Empower or Agilent Chemstation, and/or Metrohm Tiamo.
- Experience-based knowledge of chemical manufacturing process and chemical plant operations.
- Proficient with MS Word. Demonstrated communications, organization and writing skills.
- Develop new analytical methods and validate/verify as required. Method validation work entails researching new or adapting existing methods to company needs, method optimization/development, validation, and documentation (validation report and SOP writing).
- Perform routine analytical testing (SOP-based) on batches of finished products and manufacturing components.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform routine preparation and certification of standardized reagents.
- Prepare written QA documents such as Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Compliance.
- Provide technical support during the development of new testing methods and procedures.
- Assist manufacturing staff with production issues through batch testing and lab batch preparation.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- No heavy lifting required.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive salary (DOE and Skill Level)
- Benefit package including health, accident, life, and dental insurance plans.
- Significant profit sharing/retirement plan which is 100% employer paid.
Contact Information: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS) THATCHER COMPANY IS EOE.