Maintenance Mechanic (Journeyman Level)
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Job Hours:||Full Time|
- High level of competency in maintenance skills and experience (5+ years)
- Focus on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical processes in regard to preventive maintenance and new construction.
- Experience in plumbing, piping, compressors, forklifts and general maintenance.
- Ability to work safely with strict adherence to established standard operating procedures, safety protocols, OSHA requirements and industry safety practices.
- Ability to work in a variety of physical environmental conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. on a relatively regular basis and meet all other physical requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions (verbal and written).
- History of demonstrated skills and abilities in the utilization of handtools and equipment (JLG, forklifts, etc.) and systems related to industrial plant maintenance.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow technical construction and mechanical drawings and plans.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Prior experience in a chemical or petro-chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Successful history of working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to own work processes and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated application of general maintenance skills
- Complete projects as assigned by the maintenance manager.
- Work with other maintenance team members to comprehensively complete maintenance projects.
- Successfully maintain plant assets and mechanical systems minimizing down-time and maximizing equipment utilization and equipment life.
- Shifts – Willingness to work afternoon/swing shift.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive wage $50,000-$60,000 per year (DOE and Skill Level)
- Benefit package including health, accident, life, and dental insurance plans.
- Significant profit sharing/retirement plan which is 100% employer paid.
Contact Information: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE)
Thatcher Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)