Customer Service Specialist
- AS/BS/BA degree in business, communications or related field.
- 1 – 2 years related experience in complex manufacturing and distribution environment;
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word, as well as familiarity with general order entry function of ERP systems;
- Competency in mathematical concepts and computations (i.e. multiplication and division, addition and subtraction, percentages, fractions, ratios, metric conversions)
- Speak, write and understand English fluently;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with changing conditions;
- Organization and planning skills;
- Technical background in chemistry helpful.
- Perform all functions under limited supervision;
- Maintain product information records, including price lists and product availability;
- Communicates with customers via phone, e-mail and in-person.
- Initiates internal work order to fill customer request or, if needed, places order with supplier for direct shipment;
- Coordinates delivery schedule and instructions with transportation department;
- Prepares and sends billings to customers;
- Arranges with Customer for return of empty containers after product has been used;
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding product availability, scheduling, back-orders, pricing, account status, etc;
- Supports field sales representatives by providing timely customer and product information;
- Coordinates resolution of customer complaints;
- Coordinates with inventory manager to maintain warehouse stock levels, including placing orders with suppliers;
- Reviews invoices from suppliers and enters voucher for payment;
- Informs management of recurring problems and conditions;
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed to maintain consistent delivery of quality chemical products;
- Contributes to company profitability by maintaining customer satisfactions and exceeding customer expectations.
- Duties require use of computer keyboard and mouse, and telephone with wireless headset;
- Must be able to sit in one place for extended periods of time, but may also require some limited movement around office locations;
- No heavy lifting required.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive salary (DOE and Skill Level)
- Benefit package including health, dental and life insurance plans.
- Significant profit sharing/retirement plan which is 100% employer paid.
Contact Information: Send resume to email@example.com (CANDIDATES LOCAL TO THE SACRAMENTO, CA AREA ONLY PLEASE. MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN OR HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS)
THATCHER COMPANY OF CA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)