|Location:||Salt Lake City|
PLANT OPERATOR – (Thatcher Company) Thatcher Company is a chemical manufacturing, blending, re-packaging and distribution company. Thatcher Company is well-known in the intermountain area and other areas of the United States as a partner with multiple companies and industries in supplying them with their chemical needs. As a Plant Operator you work as part of an operations team to effectively and efficiently to manufacture, blend and re-package chemical products for distribution through various venues.
Apply in person at:
1905 Fortune Rd. Salt Lake City, UT 84104
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular basis if required
- Ability to wear the applicable personal protective equipment up to and including a full-face respirator as required
- Ability to climb up and down ladders on a regular basis
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Read, write and understand English language well
- Perform other manufacturing duties as required
- MUST BE RELIABLE
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
Responsibilities include but are not limited to working safely within the established values processes and procedures of the Company. You will manufacture, blend, package and load chemical products according to the production schedule. Perform light maintenance and upkeep on tools and equipment. Utilize forklifts and other material handling equipment as needed. Contribute to team and company success through reliability and continuous improvement efforts. Work as otherwise directed by operations management.
SHIFT; Individuals are normally hired onto the swing or graveyard shift. These shifts are scheduled as follows: – Swing Shift – Monday thru Friday, 3PM to 11:30PM – Graveyard Shift – Monday thru Friday, 11PM to 7:30AM The more flexible you are on shift work the better. WAGE: Normally $14 – $16 hr. DOE. Higher wage offered to this with direct/applicable experience.
What’s In It For You
- Benefit package including health, accident, life, and dental insurance plans.
- Profit sharing/retirement plan which is 100% employer paid. It is second to none!
THATCHER COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)